The graduated driver licensing system helps get new drivers on the road. However, to get a provisional driver licence now requires many hours of driving practice in a car with a supervising driver. For many young people this is very difficult. They may not have access to a car, or have a fully licensed driver who can give them supervision for the hours they require.
Driving Change needs community members who can help supervise new drivers.
- Are willing to provide guidance and support to learners to help them build their driving skills and knowledge about safe driving practices
- Hold an unrestricted and valid licence for driving a manual car in NSW
- Are at least 25 years old
- Have a great sense of community spirit
- Have spare time and a willingness to assist a learner get the supervised hours required to gain their P1 licence
Then we need your help! If you’d like to find out more about how you can join the program as a volunteer please contact the youth worker from the site closest to you: see all our sites.